Monday, January 24, 2005

Ohjoyohjoyohjoyohjoy


Yesterday was a complete kid-in-a-candy-store experience for me. I spent FIVE hours yesterday, gaping wide-eyed at all the wonder around, wishing like crazy that I had all the money in the world to buy the whole store. Rows and rows and rows of books, stacks and heaps and piles of music, tons of stationery, shelves of mugs... oh gosh! It was just too much to handle.

I didn't even know where to begin, so after looking around for three minutes, I obediently trotted off towards the books. Sigh. That smell, I tell you - crisp paper, fresh print - it can turn me on far better than Davidoff and his Cool Waters can. I freaked out. I browsed and browsed till I had read nearly enough to fill the Iliad. And then, armed with a basketful of books, I made my way to the coffee shop to "shortlist" from my selection.

Then (joyohjoyohjoyohjoy) I waddled my way to the music section. Wow. I think I picked up something like twenty thousand bucks' worth of music, before it hit me that my balance has never seen a sum so large. But it was still fun. Imagining all the songs playing in your living room, the order they play in, the possible flow of the songs you've never heard, the little bob of the head while you imagine the songs you do know... y'know, that kinda thing.

At the end of the evening, I found myself proud new owner of mannnnny new CDs (including jazz, classic rock, old hindi movie songs (a complete RD Burman collection. Fabulous), rock & roll, oldie classics, etc, etc), mannnny new books, and two brand new CD cases. Yippee!!

Who says you need money to be happy after all? I'm bloody broke, but top o' the world, mate!

|