Saturday, January 22, 2005

Two guys, a girl and a peanut place


Guy I

Six foot two, really broad, very hairy, very scary. My personal bouncer. Who's a teddy bear inside - a big, wushy teddy bear.

So what do I have to say about him? Nothin' special - just that he's bloody special. He sails wild seas for six months, and then treats me like a princess for the four that he's here. And we can discuss sex, vodka, communism, garment exports, ex-flames, cocktails, clothes, dumbass women, Royal Enfields, books and nail polish or anything else. He rocks, he rolls, and he supplies me with some EXCELLENT music.

I'd never have thought us the kind to get along. And although we look, to the world, like we're only drinking buddies or casual hangout partners, he's the one I've had most heart-to-hearts with. And vice versa. While he's away sailing, he calls me every three days, at least to say hi, and report that he's alive.

So, Sailor Boy... a big, big hug for you. I hope you're doing well.

Guy II

Dear, close, champion, hero, HOT friend of mine. Not in India, but we're still terribly close. We speak on the phone sometimes, and laugh over inconsequentials (usually the high pitch of my voice). He sounds like Beavis (or Butthead), and thinks like Spielberg. Whatta guy.

And he just got married. Congratulations, my Hottie. I hope you and your wife have the best life EVER.

Girl

Tuition class was so, so, so much fun... Those children are sharper than Mensa's tests, and so absolutely eager to learn. We read lots and lots and lots, and wrote lots and lots and lots.

And when I rebuked her for mistakes, she said:
"Aunty mustn't schkold me. Schmall boyschz make schpelling mishtakes."

So I took them to the beach, and shot balloons with air guns. And we got free peanuts from the peanut shop guy. Heh heh... he was her neighbour! I tell you... luck pops up in the most unexpected of places.

I LOVE my life!!


|