Monday, December 27, 2004

Let's start at the very beginning...

My first boyfriend was ten years older than me. He was Swiss and we never even met. He was, however, my most intense so far, and I have fond recollections of long emails flying to and fro. Reams and reams of it, pages and pages platted out over my uncle's faulty keyboard, and hours and hours of dreaming about the day I'd meet him.

He was absolutely perfect for me (the way I was then) I can tell you that. He'd call me his "Chocolat", and he'd teach me German, and Swiss-German, and the differences between them. We'd compete with each other for the most creative headers to our emails (as in, Dear Doe-Eyed Dancer...) and at sixteen, there was nothing more exciting. Well there was actually - he digitally combined his photo and mine, so we looked like we were together. Brilliant job, and I must admit we made a VERY good-looking couple!!

I spoke to him twice over the phone, once on his birthday, once on mine. And we "broke up" because our computers crashed and our communication gradually petered out. we "went out" for over a year and a half.

He was extremely good looking, was a journalist with a newspaper, and a guest contributor for a science magazine. He also developed a freeware game, which is extremely popular now and yes, available over the internet. (no, I'm not telling ;-) )

Are we still in touch? Well, off and on - his birthday, mine, our "anniversary", and some mails in between. And (parts of) his name form a lot of my passwords(mostly because no one knows about him). I also know that a digital reworking attempt of mine forms his desktop, and has been included as one of the backgrounds on his game.

And when I travelled to Europe on work last year, we met up in Germany.

Very exciting.

|