Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Moving on



So it’s final then. I’m moving out. I’m winding up my home.

A year’s worth of furniture, appliances, cutlery, knick-knacks, and collectibles will now be relegated to big boxes of memories. Inferences of experiments – of the kitchen, heart, soul and entertainment variety – will only remain in smiles, chuckles, and waves of nostalgia. Irritations and responsibilities will only be sorely missed.

The best thing about the move is that my apartment will be taken over by a very, very close friend. A partner in crime with whom I have shared many happy moments – over movies, meals and liquor. A close friend who has promised to let ME do up the house again, so I can do all the things I planned to but never had a chance to.

What this house has given me is independence, confidence, privacy. What it has done to me cannot be measured in words. And I don’t want to give it up. But I know I have to, which is the worst part. I have to move on, to greener pastures, to bigger responsibilities, and to greater maturity.

I am thoroughly pleased that things have worked out the way they have, mostly because I will get to do all the things I always wanted to but didn’t have the resources for.

Wistful. That’s what I am, mostly.

|