Thursday, January 27, 2005

With plinky-plonky music

Yesterday, I had the most pleasurable task of giving a friend a massage. What started of as a shoulder press to ease tension, evolved into a nearly full-body massage.

I love the feeling I get when I massage people. Yesterday I used baby oil, and oh it smelt good.

I love the contact between hand and skin. I love feeling the tension ease away beneath my fingers, and the knots beginning to untangle. I love the sheen the skin acquires, with all the oil, and the softness of touch later. I love watching the creases disappear from foreheads, and the glaze the eyes begin to acquire. I love the goofy smile of bliss, and the sudden twitch of hitting a ticklish spot.

I love feeling the knobbly bones, and pampering the little neglected bit of the body like the spaes between the toes. But most of all, I love the connection you can make via a massage - deep and caring, but not sexual (although things can get pretty heated if it's the right two people, and yes... the feel of the massage will definitely be different)

I think I should quit my job and do this full time. Only (ugh!)... hairy backs and hairy legs will be all I see. Ugh.

|