Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Friend, Companion, Best Buddy.


Bosky


Even seven years after she’s been gone, every time I think of her, I either smile, or begin to giggle – she was just completely awesome.

She was small made – very, very petite – and a real lady. She'd turn her nose up at things that were below her dignity, and oh yea... that list was long! No bread without butter, no rotis without ghee, no sleeping on the floor, no sitting or lounging on the floor even. She would make long, graceful leaps onto various sofas and beds, and she would insist on curling up by my waist at night. I welcomed her cool fur in the summer, and her warmth in the winter.

I got used to going about my tasks single-handedly, literally. She’d sit on one forearm and rest her chin on my shoulder, using it as a vantage point to rule her little kingdom. Yes, she was definitely queen of our home – you couldn’t even enter or leave without saying hi or bye to her.

She was a grinny, cheery thing to the family, but a horrendous terror to the outside world. Guests were mortally terrified by her, and she was put inside a room anyone came (intelligent dog that she was, she learned to obediently trot inside the room every time the doorbell rang) And despite her size, she also terrorized all the neighbourhood dogs. Heh heh, she’d crawl under them and nip their bellies in self defense. Who said size mattered?

I could go on and on, but I’ll just stop now. All of you who love dogs, go eat some chocolate / give your dog some chocolate / revel in the feel of silk today. Or simply just give your dog a hug. That’s what she liked best.


Bosky, a big squeeze for you!

|