Friday, March 11, 2005

Play on...



I can never, ever get over the thrill of being in a huge crowd in the first row, screaming my lungs out, and going crazy at every twitch of everything. No, I have not mellowed down, and no, I hope I don’t ever. Because it is such a fantabulous high.

Right in the middle, staring up at him, was where I was on Monday night. I “sang” and screamed my lungs hoarse, and watched him create magic with six strings.

I simply loved that:

~ He wore the classic white-shirt/blue-jeans combo. There’s something so hot about that


~ He needed to replenish his energy with “cold tea” every so often. Reminds us of his age, and his ability to charm despite that (I was convinced that his “tea” cup contained secret shots of tequila, but my theory was shot down. (pun wholly intended) ha ha.)

~ Every guitar he brought on stage looked better than the last. Till he brought out one awesome transparent-and-black one. Awesome.

~ He shared amazing chemistry with the rest of his band

~ He brought down a REALLY hot drummer to play with him. Yea baby, I got that ringside view!

So yes… there I was, barely five feet from the God of Guitar, staring up into his face, shrieking at every given opportunity, and listening to him belt out my favourite Dire Straits tracks for some two hours. (Yea, he forgot to play Heavy Fuel, but we’ll blame that on his geriatricity, shall we? ;-) )

Those of you who missed the show, better luck next time. And for those of you who went, Hurrah!

So… who’s next?

|