Thursday, June 16, 2005

Tagged!

I was tagged a few days ago by Shilpa over at Ad astra per aspera. And so here goes…

Films I own :
My Best Friend’s Wedding
Finding Nemo
My Fair Lady
The Sound of Music
The Thomas Crown Affair
Mona Lisa Smile
Pretty Woman
The Godfather
Kill Bill : Volumes I & II
The Wedding Planner
Terminator II : Judgement Day
The Fast & The Furious
Seabiscuit
Bridge on the River Kwai
Ocean’s Eleven
Ace ventura : Pet detective
Ace Ventura : When Nature Calls
Sideways
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Dil Chahta Hai
A couple of Indiana Jones


Other stuff I own, that aren’t really movies:
The Friends Series
Some discs of Tom & Jerry
A couple of discs of Fawlty Towers


Last Film I bought :
My Best Friend’s Wedding

Five films that I watch a lot or mean something to me:
My Fair Lady

Nobody can EVER make another film like this one. The elegance oozes out of every dot, the acting, the dialogues, the music… everything is simply outstandingly impeccable.
Beginning age 9, through school, I would watch this film compulsarily on the first night of every term holidays, and now I watch it at least once a year. I will never tire of it.

The Sound of Music
Another all-time classic, another deep influencer of my childhood.

Ace Ventura : Both
Nobody can make me laugh the way Jim Carrey can. When I need a pick-me-up, this is where I go.

Kill Bill : Both volumes
Have you ever seen such brilliance ever? This man is GOD (and so is that woman)

Friends
Doesn’t count as a movie, but I love them. I may have watched each episode a million times over, but I love the six of them, and can continue to be enthralled.

************

I’m supposed to tag five other people, but I think most people have been tagged already! So I’m going to end the lineage here, because I’m sure it shall be propogated via another source anyway :)

|