Thursday, April 07, 2005

Twenty seven days, twenty seven things

~ I just realised it has been twelve weeks. That's three months. That's just a little scary, though I'm simply not scared.

~ I lost three months work from my system last week, and am strangely indifferent about it.

~ I now belong to a political party - the DMP. I head it.

~ I have only cooked four times since my last post. Therefore, I am now a huge butterball.

~ I was gifted three new mugs and one new coffee-scented candle.

~ I took off for a weekend in Pondicherry with my Wife. I drank beer every single meal, and slept like "a big fat bee".

~ I have had a phone conversation iwth my brother an average of once every three days. I don't understand it.

~ I was called incorrigible. I like it.

~ I succumbed to the Wife's coaxes, and joined an online community. Something I have NEVER done in my life before.

~ I have discovered that I am a dead person inside me. Nothing really affects me. Except self-doubt, which I am told, consumes me.

~ I have also discovered that I am a chronic weekday insomniac. Monday-Friday, I sleep terribly; Saturday nights, I hit the sack like a ton of potatoes, till Sunday afternoon.

~ I discovered an old, old acquaintance from Bombay, and renewed contact with him. He found me, really, but I'm just as happy.

~ My hair is now long enough to be braided. I have (re)discovered the joys of a french braid.

~ I am going to be a model for a parlour chain that's making a makeover video. I will get many free treats, and turn out looking gorgeous. Yay.

~ My beautician told me my skin has no hope, and assured me a seat there once a month.

~ As a result of one visit there, my face now consists of three evident craters, four big zits, eight ex-zits, and thirty million wells on my nose. But my neck is like Malaika Arora's. So there!

~ I realized I am a fairly non-judgemental person. I’m certainly not opinionated. And I can perhaps attribute that to the lack of a chip on my shoulder. Thankfully.

~ I have the bestest, etstest, estest family ever. When I'm low, my mother calls me to tell me about a fart machine to cheer me up.

~ For three days, I have been revelling in rain that's taken over this city. I am a water baby.

~ But I can't swim this summer. In fact, after taking one look at that seedy pool, I almost wish I didn't know how to swim.

~ I discovered a superb shop that sells pre-cut, uncooked veggies. Life is going to be SO much simpler. And tastier.

~ I have become a snappy, irritable, negative person. I want to stop being that.

~ I have started informal Salsa and Spanish-speaking classes with two gorgeous Columbian singers.

~ I had no electricity for two days because one entire phase to my apartment block, blew.

~ This week is moving slower than a snail with a limp. I have been on Friday since Tuesday.

~ Haplessly, helplessly broke.

~ New attributes: Baby Monkey, Child-woman. I like.

PS: Yes, I shall blog more often henceforth.

|